manage apple ID through Meraki MDM Dashboard

Solved
grepler71
Conversationalist

manage apple ID through Meraki MDM Dashboard

Is there a way to prevent users from changing the Apple ID on their phones? Or set the Apple ID on all phones from the dashboard?

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@grepler71 As mentioned Apple has a limitation on how many devices can use an Apple ID, this is to stop people purchasing a single app license and using it on hundreds of devices.

You cannot set a devices Apple ID via an MDM, it has to be configured on the device itself. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You normally have an Apple ID per phone, and that is how you have unique things on each phone.  iPhones can not share a single Apple ID (at least, not more than 10 from memory).

Would perhaps single app mode be an option so users have no control?

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/iOS_Single_App_Mode_in_Systems_Manager 

No I dont think this will work for what I am trying to accomplish. I would like to be able to prevent users from changing the apple ID that is signed into their phones and also be able to set each one from the MDM.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@grepler71 As mentioned Apple has a limitation on how many devices can use an Apple ID, this is to stop people purchasing a single app license and using it on hundreds of devices.

You cannot set a devices Apple ID via an MDM, it has to be configured on the device itself. 

OK thanks for the info.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels