ios Wifi Profile issues

darren889
New here

ios Wifi Profile issues

so I have seen another post regarding an issue that I am having but it was an older post. Basically I am having 2 issues, 1.) sometimes my iOS devices will not connect to WifI until they are signed in, this is a big issue when I have apps that are supposed to notify my end users and they do not get notifications because the wifi is not connected, I have checked all of the basic iOS settings and the network is set to auto join. 2.) randomly iOS devices will not connect to the wifi network that the profile has assigned, I try to have the user put it on our open wifi network and select "re install" on my network profile but it does not work. I need to physically go out to the ipad and set it back up on the network.

these are a mixture of iPhone 7's and iPad's (ios 13). any help would be appreciated, thank you!

-

3 REPLIES 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@darren889 it sounds like the profile is a bit buggy, heres what I would suggest.

1. Delete the current wifi profile

2. Setup a new profile that is explicitly just for wifi, its not best practise to bundle wifi settings with other things like restrictions etc. make sure all the SSID is typed the same i.e. case sensitive, this should be an issue but who knows.   

All of my devices run two profiles, one which have the wifi settings and a second which contains restrictions, passcode setings, wallpaper settings etc. The reason for this is because if you bundle everything into the one profile making changes to another setting can cause the wifi to drop off.

It is currently set up with that method, I have my wireless profiles separated from my configuration profiles, nothing to special wpa2 with a passphrase and a hidden SSID, all new Ruckus wireless AP's

@darren889 Hmm I wonder if its the hidden part thats causing problems, we use Ruckus as well and haven't seen the issues you mention.

Are you able to try change the network from being hidden for a day or two and see if the issue goes away?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels