Web Clip URL

Solved
MarkAM
Conversationalist

Web Clip URL

I have a URL that I need to change. They current URL is no longer valid.  The new URL is longer that 255 characters. 

When I try to add the new URL I get the below error message

"There were errors in saving this configuration:

• One or more errors occurred. No changes have been saved.
  • Test - ^Web Clip URL cannot be longer than 255 characters."

I have a test profile that I use  as well. I have created a whole new web clip and get the same error message each time. 

The URL is super long and it is used by thousands of other companies so getting is change is not an option.  I am new the the Meraki MDM, but have used other MDM's in the past. Am I just missing something when adding the new URL?

Thanks for the help in advance

Mark

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you use a URL shortner?  The error is saying 255 charactors is the maximum, theres no way around this. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you use a URL shortner?  The error is saying 255 charactors is the maximum, theres no way around this. 

MarkAM
Conversationalist

Blake,   Thank you. Unfortunately  there is no way to shorten the URL, The URL is from the company for the web link, and thousands of other depts around the country use it as well.  Thank you for the info, I will have to look into a work around for them. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That seems like an excessivly long URL for something thats so important, surely the company could setup a http redirect from a custom short URL.

You would think they would. I counted it up yesterday and it is over 300 characters long. I have work around for now which they are happy with still a pain though. Thank you again for your help. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels