SM License grace period

Solved
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

SM License grace period

Just wanting to put this out there to see what others think. Currently with SM licenses you can only enrol up to the number of licenses you have. I understand the reasoning BUT it's not user friendly.

I have 30 iPads I am replacing this year, I have two options, buy an extra 30 licenses so I can set the new units up without there being any downtime or remove the old device before enrolling the new device causing downtime.

IMO a much better option would be if Meraki allowed a grace period so that devices can be rotated without downtime but it would also mean if someone needs to add an additional device in a pinch and they don't have time to wait for licensing then they could. 

I think a reasonable grace period would be 14 days after which management of ALL devices is blocked until either additional licenses are purchased or the total number of devices is reduced.

Jamf currently does this. 

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's a pretty good suggestion @BlakeRichardson, I'll share this with PM. In the meantime, you may be able to speak with your Account Manager and utilise a trial during the cross-over period. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's a pretty good suggestion @BlakeRichardson, I'll share this with PM. In the meantime, you may be able to speak with your Account Manager and utilise a trial during the cross-over period. 

@ConnorL that would be great, obviously limitations would need to be put in place so it's not abused so maybe it's something that has to be enabled via support. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels