Restricting a user from entering their Appl ID through Meraki MDM

JVilla
Just browsing

Restricting a user from entering their Appl ID through Meraki MDM

Hello 

I would like to know if there is an option to be set in MDM that will block any of my users from entering an Apple ID on any mobile device that is registered with our Meraki MDM ?

I already have the App store disabled for all of our users but I need to know if the Apple ID can also be disabled on any IOS mobile device. 

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
beks88
A model citizen

What's your usecase? With Apple Automated Device Enrollment you can always kill users Apple ID after they return the device to you

Hi Beks88

Thank you for replying, I did not know we can remove the apple ID from the iPhone when the user leaves the company and is not able to remember their Apple ID password or the recovery process. We have many users that are either terminated or resigned from the company and we are left with a device that has an APPLE ID signed in and no way to reuse the device. 

I wanted to prevent any of our company users to have the ability to enter an Apple ID, we manage all of the company applications through the Meraki MDM, and all of our devices are also enrolled on the Apple Business Manager. 

Can you please elaborate a bit more on how to use the Apple Automated Device Enrollment ?

Thank you again

beks88
A model citizen

You need to register your organization with Apple on business.apple.com and ideally ask your supplier if they support Apple Automated Device Enrollment (formerly DEP)

If not, there are also ways to get devices manually into Apple Business Manager, but I would recommend you to read the docs from Apple

The pro of Apple Business Manager is, your devices are supervised and you can read the bypass code for Apple ID locked phones ipads

Hi Beks88 

We do have it registered with Apple Business ... We have all of the devices DEP or ADE enrolled. and they are supervised. I will read more about this as well. Thank you for your response. 

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 2.04.35 PM.png

Create a new profile, add the Restrictions payload and untick "Allow modifying account settings"

That will prevent users from adding their own Apple ID

JVilla
Just browsing

Thank you so much Paul I will test that option out and see how it works best. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels