Profile failed to install error

SOLVED
OHHC
Conversationalist

Profile failed to install error

Wondering if anybody has any ideas on this one.  

iPad

one Brand new - iOS 13.3

one Used - iOS 12.1

Unable to install the Meraki profile - it downloads, I click install, trust, etc...but get the error:   Profile failed to install.

Yesterday - worked fine.

Today - no dice.  Three separate iPads.  Tried via the app and via the website enrollment.  Same issue - the profile downloads to the iPad but fails to install.

Wiped an iPad.  Same error.

Tried different Networks within my organization - same error no mater which Network I try to enroll in.

No changes made to my organization or dashboard.  Sounds like it may be an issue with the profile that's being downloaded, but unable to verify as I'm running the Legacy version of System Manager and phone support refuses to assist.

Anybody with any thoughts, I'm all ears!

thx!

-chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When this happens I tend to just wait a few days and try again.

Often it is something else going wrong in the back end and the issue resolves itself.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When this happens I tend to just wait a few days and try again.

Often it is something else going wrong in the back end and the issue resolves itself.

OHHC
Conversationalist

I can now see it show up in the dashboard - but the enrollment isn't finishing.  It just says 'iOS device'  and 'Client synchronization is not yet complete.' in the Dashboard.

Meraki on the iPad just spins at the 'Waiting for Enrollment' screen.

Looking at the profile on the iPad, I see a situation similar to this earlier post - https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/iOS-13-iPad-Detected-as-OSX-Profile-Inst...

- that the server and check-in URLs both have osx in the url, rather than ios in the url.

Server URL

My "Bad" iPad:    ios.meraki.com/apple_mdm/osx?org=123456

Existing "Good" iPad:  ios.meraki.com/apple_mdm/ios?org=123456

Checkin URL

"Bad" iPad:  ios.meraki.com/apple_mdm/osx_checkin?org=123456

"Good" iPad:  ios.meraki.com/apple_mdm/ios_checkin?org=123456

Have performed standard troubleshooting...deleted from dashboard...deleted profile...reset iPad...etc...

Sooo...I guess I have to hope that somebody with some pull sees this issue?  LOL

Thanks!

-chris

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Possible expired cert?

OHHC
Conversationalist

For better or worse, certs are all valid.  Thanks tho!

OHHC
Conversationalist

Just started working all on its own.  Like days later...but now devices are enrolling again.

No changes made on my side/dashboard/process.  

I've got the same problem here. Do you guys have any tip how to make this working? All seems pending to me.

nealgs
Building a reputation

Me too - trying to enroll an Iphone, just stuck on the waiting for Enrollment - for past 15 mins

Also still on Legacy SM.

GuyEP
Just browsing

I just ran into this today on two new machines. I was seeing a 403 Forbidden error in Console when OS X was trying to request the provisioning profile during installation; then I'd get an ErrorCode:1 in the UI. I tried requesting the URL that appeared in the logs and ended up getting the log-in page for the self-service portal.

On a whim, I tried enabling authentication for enrollment (which, oddly enough, defaults to disabled on a fresh SM setup). You can find the setting under Systems Manager -> Configure -> General ("/manage/configure/system_settings") in your dashboard. After I did that, I tried downloading the enrollment profile again, got prompted for Meraki dashboard credentials, provided them, and then the profile that I downloaded installed fine.

Before trying the new MDM profile file, I tried the one I had downloaded from before I enabled authentication and it failed, but the one I downloaded after authenticating succeeded. I'm wondering if maybe SM has a bug where if you do not have authentication enabled when you download the MDM profile, it fails to authenticate properly. Perhaps the profile has a stale set of authentication credentials (resulting in the 403) but if you download one after authenticating it has refreshed credentials? Or something like that. Just conjecture; all I know is that things worked when I enabled authentication for enrollment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels