Outlook disconnected contacts lost

Lburk
Here to help

Outlook disconnected contacts lost

For some reason overnight all managed devices lost connection to our Exchange Server and I'm stumped. Unmanaged devices are still connected and the contacts are intact. I took one of the devices, unmanaged it, added the email account manually for the device. The email is working fine and the contacts populated correctly.

I again managed the device, the email/contacts are still working on the device but the email profile won't load, I'm assuming due to the same account already being in place.

Using this solution for all managed devices really isn't a viable for all 121 devices. All Apple iPhone SE 2021/2022 and iPad 8th/9th Gen. Has anyone seen this happen before? Is there another solution that I'm not considering? I'll appreciate any help!

Edit: I did an erase to the device I have in hand and reinstalled all profiles files as I would during a normal setup. The issue persisted. No email or contacts. This seems to have something to do with the Meraki profiles suddenly. I just can't figure out what is causing it.

4 Replies 4
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

In your Exchange profile in Systems Manager, just check that you've the relevant services enabled:

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 11.00.56 AM.png

Thank you for the reply Paul. All settings are correct and have been used in the Exchange Active Sync profile for a few years now without change. It's an odd glitch that there seems to be no solution to. I've spent a couple hours on the phone with support. I have had to manually reset the devices email.

I'm in the same boat this morning. Any device configured with EAS+creds has been dropped.

Lburk
Here to help

Sorry to here about this. Support has not be able to provide a solution for me at this point, so I had to go back and manually reconfigure all devices. You may want to call support on this. Hopefully they have something for your issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels