Newly Enrolled iOS device via Apple DEP keeps prompting 'Sign in to iTunes' repeatedly

ChadLent_826V
New here

Newly Enrolled iOS device via Apple DEP keeps prompting 'Sign in to iTunes' repeatedly

I've configured SM Sentry enrollment with several brand new iPads, via DEP enrollment immediately upon powering up 1st time. My goal is to eliminate any need/usage of an AppleID on these devices. The profiles and MDM Restrictions push ok, but near the middle/end of that is when I noticed the attached pop-up prompt happens for the first time. This prompt reoccurs every 5min or so, or whenever the device is unlocked/restarted. I have disabled all related iCloud functions in the Restrictions, but I'm including this Device's config screen from the SM dashboard here, in case there's one key item that should be included besides what I already have listed. Thanks in advance for any assistance on eliminating this nagging prompt!

itunes-issue.jpegSM_iTunes_issue_01.png

1 Reply 1
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So, there's a fair bit to get through here.

By default, the Systems Manager app, which provides jailbreak detection, location and the ability for users to chose from a list of apps, is installed. Now, if you don't have VPP set up (more of which here: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Apple_Volume_Purchase_Program_(VPP) ) then the device will request an iTunes account

To avoid this, there's three things you can do

1. Change the Targets of the systems manager app in the dashboard to No Devices

2. Ensure that VPP is set up

3. Go to the systems manager app in dashboard and set, under Licenses, Purchase method to VPP device assignment:

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.49.09 PM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels