New to Meraki and iOS. Can't add iphone.

Solved
ckl_88
Conversationalist

New to Meraki and iOS. Can't add iphone.

Hi.

I think I'm at the end of the rope on this one and I need help.

We're switching our current MDM solution to Meraki and in the process we're moving from Android to iOS devices. I have followed the Apple push certificate instructions under the Organization=>MDM section. tested the certificate and it is valid.

I would like to enroll the devices manually with supervision without Apple Automated Device Enrollment (ADE) using Apple Configurator. I followed the instructions here under the heading Manual Enrollment - Enrollment & Supervision without Apple Automated Device Enrollment (ADE):

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Enrolling_and_Supervising_iOS_Devices_using_Ap...

Everything is fine up to step 9... I don't get the page where it gives you a selection of Apply Configuration or Skip Configuration. I just get a page similar to that but it gives the company name. When I select Next, it just come back with "invalid profile".

I have checked these forums for similar issues and have confirmed the following:

1. We have valid and available licenses

2. The iPhones are new in the box and have never been setup.

3. In Apple Configurator, I have setup the organization and MDM server according to the instructions.

As a test, I decided to try the Meraki Dashboard => Systems Manager => Add Devices and use option A which is enrollment through web browser.

I factory reset the iPhone again and then went through the setup without Apple Configurator and without entering an Apple ID.  Then I opened  Safari to enroll the device. When I did that, the profile was downloaded to the iPhone. When I went into settings to install it, I get this message: Profile Installation Failed - A connection to the server could not be established.

A connection to what server? Meraki? Apple? I thought maybe that the wifi in our office had some restrictions so I setup a wifi hotspot on my personal phone, over cellular which has no restrictions, and it still failed to install.

I don't know what else to do. Am I missing some steps or missed a configuration in Meraki Dashboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
ckl_88
Conversationalist

It appears that the administrator purchased the license, but did not apply the licenses to the network. After he did that, the iPhones were successfully enrolled.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ckl_88
Conversationalist

It appears that the administrator purchased the license, but did not apply the licenses to the network. After he did that, the iPhones were successfully enrolled.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Great, thanks for sharing the outcome. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels