New iPad shipped with 16

SOLVED
AllTheWay
Conversationalist

New iPad shipped with 16

So normally I boot an ipad up, add the network, reboot and change the tag of the ipad to the preconfigured tag I want to have it under. I've rebooted it a few times and searched over and over, it's not being seen under my dasboard. 

Anyways I just got off the phone with Meraki support and they said iOS 16 wasn't yet approved yet and that I needed to roll it back to 15 before it would join-able. Problem is it shipped with 16 so I can't go back to a backup and restore. All of these are enrolled in Apple Business Manager and managed through Meraki. 

Anyone have experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AllTheWay
Conversationalist

Turns out the Apple ADE token had expired. Once it was renewed, sync and couple other settings gone through they were provisioned. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

iOS 16 has been out for some time now and is also shown as supported here. Have a case number I can look up?

09082990. The second person I talked to suggested added the devices via mobile browser and the 10 digit code, which sort of worked. It pulled down the apps I needed to have on it but it didn't remove the generic homescreen apps and it's not locked down correctly. So it sort of worked. I haven't been able to call back in since I added it, he suggested calling back in if I neede more help. Just wondered if others had experienced this.  

AllTheWay
Conversationalist

Turns out the Apple ADE token had expired. Once it was renewed, sync and couple other settings gone through they were provisioned. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels