Native camera app on android.

KevinWilkinsT
New here

Native camera app on android.

Hi all i am new to the forum so any guidance very much appreciated.

We have a fleet of tablets (Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 5G) at my work and we have these enrolled in device owner mode via Meraki MDM.  The only issue is we require the native camera app to work, but this is blocked and i cannot find for the life of me where to unblock/enable this.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Many Thanks 

Kevin  

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From memory, you create an application blacklist and leave it empty.  Then the OEM aps will be allowed.

KevinWilkinsT
New here

I can see in meraki the android system the drop down menu for allowed and blacklist.  Are you saying we need to create two of these one for allowed and then other for blacklisted ?

Just create a blacklist but leave it empty.

dbl4500
Here to help

You have to know the package name of the samsung camera app, then copy and paste it into the Allowlist under the "Android System Apps" setting. According to this site, the package name for the Samsung gallery app is com.sec.android.app.camera
Once a system app gets disabled, I don't think there is a way to re-enable it without a factory reset. Therefore, I would try factory resetting the device and make sure the Allowlist setting is saved before re-enrolling the device in the SM network.

^^^ This is the answer. I had this issue myself with Android phones. 

This is why iOS devices are much easier to manage. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels