[Mixed Feelings] New Feature, but no information...Default/Auto DEP Profiles ???

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

[Mixed Feelings] New Feature, but no information...Default/Auto DEP Profiles ???

Hi Meraki,

I have just noticed today, that we can automatically assign a DEP profile to devices that appear in our customers DEP Accounts.

After searching through the 'New Features' and google, I have found this feature was released three weeks ago in a forum post:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/Feature-Request-Automatically-Assign-DEP...

Thank you! Kudo and then some for this feature! This will save me so much time going forward!

But unfortunately this has to be cut short but the lack of any information about this change which makes me very, very uncomfortable. Can you please implement a changelog available on the website along side 'New Features'....no, seriously. Time and time again, I come across changes that I did not know about...some good and some bad.

In a good way...I need to update our internal processes, but please can you implement a public changelog of some kind so we know about these things. And can you please implement a change freeze in December 2019.

Anyway, back to point can this please be added to and updated in your current documentation:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Apple_Device_Enrollment_Program_(DEP)

And can you answer if these profiles will automatically assign to manually enrolled devices (via Apple Configurator 2.5+)?

But honestly, great feature and thank you!

Peter James

1 REPLY 1
beks88
A model citizen

And can you answer if these profiles will automatically assign to manually enrolled devices (via Apple Configurator 2.5+)?

How do you enroll the devices through AC? Are you just posting them into DEP and then assigning to SM or completely registering to SM?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels