Meraki Not Updating Installed Apps list for uninstalled apps

SOLVED
_aDiedericks
Getting noticed

Meraki Not Updating Installed Apps list for uninstalled apps

Hi there,

We seem to be having an issue on multiple devices. That when an app is uninstalled it still shows as installed on the device. Even though we are manually triggering the refresh apps list task.

These devices are enrolled through DEP and have the System Agent installed with permissions granted

2022-06-21 05_59_09-Devices - Meraki Dashboard.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

For a general rule to help with troubleshooting, Meraki Systems Manager runs the following command to collect the apps installed on macOS: 

system_profiler -xml SPApplicationsDataType 

Feel free to check the local output of this^ command to make sure the apps were cleared from system_profiler on the macOS device. If they are removed locally with the system_profiler output but never removed from Dashboard, please open a Meraki support case for this with the reproduction steps outlined and we should be able to get this over to the development team for further review. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@_aDiedericks If you select "refresh device details" from the command menu and wait a few minutes does that help? 

I have tried this multiple times already. The refresh process is successful every time but the applications remain there.

I can only confirm that app properly uninstalled from the device. Any of the apps mentioned that are marked as installed on Meraki are in fact gone from the device.

MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

For a general rule to help with troubleshooting, Meraki Systems Manager runs the following command to collect the apps installed on macOS: 

system_profiler -xml SPApplicationsDataType 

Feel free to check the local output of this^ command to make sure the apps were cleared from system_profiler on the macOS device. If they are removed locally with the system_profiler output but never removed from Dashboard, please open a Meraki support case for this with the reproduction steps outlined and we should be able to get this over to the development team for further review. 

That was quite helpful thanks. I can confirm it's showing the apps still installed. After restaging the MacBook and enrolling it, seems install and removing updates correctly. 

With the latest improvements to the agent I think it may become more reliable

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels