Meraki MDM with DEP and VPP - One App prompts for update?

measlick
New here

Meraki MDM with DEP and VPP - One App prompts for update?

Hello!

I have 4 iPads supervised with DEP and using VPP for device assignments I have one application that says it is not installed (even though it is).

When I look at the activity log I see the following - The user is already being prompted which displays this information:

Code: 1407
Domain: DeviceManagement.error

Error: The user is already being prompted.
What I don't understand is why can Meraki not manage this app and update it? If I am in front of the device I can click install and it will be fine until an update comes along then it seems we are back in the same situation. Luckily I only have four right now but with this one app not being managed or Meraki thinking it is installed the profile is not compliant. I thought using VPP and adding the applications to the device (not user) was supposed to make this silent?

Thanks!
5 Replies 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@measlick  What is the app, is it something that comes preinstalled on the device? If so yes Meraki will not manage that app and will report its not installed even though it is.

Hello!

It was actually installed by Meraki...

Active 911 is our dispatch software. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/active911/id525979138

@measlick  Is the device setup as a supervised device and can the end user purchase apps from the app store, if you have the app store enabled for the end user what you are seeing is normal.

They have no access to sign in nor open the app store. 

@measlick  Ok I would uninstall the app using the dashboard and reinstall it. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels