Meraki Agent Issue - Devices Not Showing Up

MarkoM
Comes here often

Meraki Agent Issue - Devices Not Showing Up

Hi All,

I am having a weird issue whereby new machines are not showing up in the client/device list after the Meraki Systems Manager Agent is installed. Same behaviour on re-imaged and brand new devices out of the box. This was working until very recently and seems to have "broken" all of a sudden. Mostly W10 and W11 devices we use, both of which seem to be impacted. I downloaded the latest installer available (3.0.2) to us under Manage -> Add Devices -> Download, but unfortunately outcome is the same. We have tried with an old installer from way back and also seems to be the same.

Troubleshooting steps so for:

- Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot

- Repairing the install.

- Installed latest version available and older version, no joy.

- Disabled Local Windows Firewall, no joy.

- Installed via command line referencing the enrollment code, no joy.

The install shows this message, but I think this always happened but not 100% sure.

MarkoM_0-1680608358138.png

Typically when an agent is installed, you can see the device go to "unknown" as it runs inventory/sync and then shows the host name etc after some time, but this doesn't seem to be happening anymore. 

Given different installer versions are all giving the same result, that suggests to me it is possibly something in the environment that has changed, or has stopped working correctly but am not sure.

Anybody seen this before, or have any tips on where to troubleshoot next?

Thanks all.

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you looked at the log files to see whats going on?

Agent logs on Windows vary by agent version. These logs can be found at the following locations:

Agents ≤ 3.6.0:

C:\Windows\temp\m_agent_service.log 

Agents ≥ 3.7.0:

C:\ProgramData\Meraki\Systems Manager Agent\Logs\m_agent_service.log

System logs are found in the Event Viewer:

Windows Logs/Application and Services/Microsoft/Windows/DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin

Hi BlakeRichardson, 

Thanks a mil for your help and suggestions. I was able to find some info in the m_agent_service logs:

MarkoM_0-1680683404741.pngMarkoM_1-1680683453353.png

Also saw some errors like this as well:

MarkoM_2-1680684040319.png

MarkoM
Comes here often

Then event viewer showing these errors:

MarkoM_0-1680689186287.png

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels