Manual Enrolment vs DEP Enrolment Conflict?

SOLVED
_aDiedericks
Getting noticed

Manual Enrolment vs DEP Enrolment Conflict?

Hi there,

I'd like to know if a MacOS device was manually enrolled with Meraki network string and profile downloaded and installed that way that if we add assign the device a profile via DEP on ABM/MDM will it conflict?

Testing from our side shows that all profiles appear as Unverified thereafter:
Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 09.17.02.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

DEP profiles are installed at the time of activation, as mentioned you would need to reset the device to set it up via DEP. 

MacOS devices you can run a CLI command that will poll the DEP server for this info but I understand Apple is phasing this method out. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hmm that's a new one, assigning a DEP profile will only actually take affect when the device is factory reset.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend opening a support ticket for this one, so they can take a closer look.

Cheers,

Connor

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

DEP profiles are installed at the time of activation, as mentioned you would need to reset the device to set it up via DEP. 

MacOS devices you can run a CLI command that will poll the DEP server for this info but I understand Apple is phasing this method out. 

_aDiedericks
Getting noticed

@BlakeRichardson Thanks for your answer. Could you provide that CLI method of forcing DEP server query?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels