MacOS 15 and Security Policies

Kevin_G
Comes here often

MacOS 15 and Security Policies

Hello dear Community,

yesterday we upgrade some MacBooks to MacOS 15. Everything works fine. After 3h the Security Policies said that the devices are not secure anymore. The Problem seems that the agent does not send that there is a Firewall installed on the devices.

We use Sophos Endpoint version 2024.3.0.x.

the other MacBooks still run on 14.6.1 and everything works.

Does anybody have the same problem and maybe a solution?

Thanks for help

Kind regards

Kevin 

8 Replies 8
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

macOS Sequoia changed how applications (such as the SM agent) can determine if the firewall is enabled. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-15-release-notes#Deprecations

I'll check with the SM team when we can expect a new agent version that adds this support.

Kevin_G
Comes here often

Thanks for replying. so we need to wait?

Iannand
Just browsing

It seems like the security agent isn't fully compatible yet with the new OS. In my case, I had to manually reinstall the firewall settings and re-verify the device with the security tool.

Kevin_G
Comes here often

Thanks for reply. At first we tried to reinstall the Endpoint Protection. no change. 

Hey @Kevin_G,

I've flagged this to our SM-PM team for their awareness. I don't have an ETA of when this will be resolved but I'll keep you updated as soon as I get any info.

Cheers, Connor.

Kevin_G
Comes here often

Thanks Connor. we will wait for an update.

Best regards

Kevin_G
Comes here often

Hi there. Any Updates?

Unfortunately, I have no updates to share at this time.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels