MDM Enrollment for iOS Device - Profile Installation Failed

The_Machine
Here to help

MDM Enrollment for iOS Device - Profile Installation Failed

Hi Team, 

In preparation for a customer deployment, I was trying to test MDM device enrolment with a personal iPad device. I followed all the steps as outlined in the doc as well as the dashboard to add an iOS device. All went fine until I wanted to install the downloaded profile on the iPad. I am getting the error message "Profile Installation Failed. A connection to the server could not be established." Does anyone have any idea or pointers on what the root cause of that can be? Do I need to configure any other things first in Systems Manager before a device can enrol?
Thanks

Thomas

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I assume the iPad had Internet access?

CTX_Amber
Conversationalist

I'm also having this issue with an end-user. We discovered that the Location Services had been turned off so we toggled those on however, it did not resolve the issue 

So, for my issuem our client had run out of licenses. 

Lunchbox
Conversationalist

I'm also having this issue. I've tried the network reset, I've updated to iOS 14.4.1, but it keeps failing with the "A network connection could not be established."

Anyone have any ideas?

Meraki have said in a recent post there has been issues adding devices into the dashboard, not sure if they just meant Meraki hardware or if that includes SM devices as well.

Might pay to open a support ticket. 

Preben_Knudsen
Here to help

Hi

I'm also having the exact same issue... and I have not solved it yet...Maby only solution is to open a support case at

Meraki... Or did anyone solve this issue...?

HeritageEagle
Here to help

Are you using DEP??

No - I'm not using DEP - for now cause I do not need the feature for automatic enrolling a fresh/new device... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels