[MCInstallationErrorDomain-0xFA194001]

SOLVED
Werken
Conversationalist

[MCInstallationErrorDomain-0xFA194001]

I inherited a Systems Manager Setup from another MSP. I've setup new APNs, VPP tokens and a DEP (APE). When I download the profile and try to install with Apple Configurator, I get two error messages: Profile Install Failed, A connection to the server could not be established [MCInstallationErrorDomain-0xFA194001] and Provisional Enrollment failed [MCCloudConfigErrorDomain-0x80EF 33007. I've searched the KB and don't see a solution. Enrollment with the QR code or the network ID work, but of course does not put the device into supervised mode.
I tried this: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Enrolling_and_Supervising_iOS_Devices_using_Ap...

I can't find Apple Configurator 2.5, the latest version is 2.15. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The devices were not in ADE, but they are now. Meraki support said the error code was due to the device already being enrolled. The issue was my misunderstanding: I attached the management profile from the add devices page when what I needed was a PayLoad WiFi Profile to attached to the setup in Configurator. I've successfully enrolled my test devices into supervised mode. The really cool feature is iOS 11+ devices can be added into an existing DEP account through Apple Configurator on macOS, even if it was not purchased from Apple or an Apple reseller. For steps on how to do this, see https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Enrolling_and_Supervising_iOS_Devices_using_Ap...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does your device meet the requirements?  Also you shouldn't need configurator if all of your devices are registered in ADE, if they aren't registered ask the reseller to enrol them for you. 

Using ADE is much easier than mucking around with configurator. 

Prerequisites

• Apple Configurator 2.5 or greater
  • macOS 10.12.5 or greater
  • iOS device(s) powered up and physically connected to Mac
  • The Mac and iOS device(s) are not locked
  • Internet access with unblocked access to Apple and Meraki Systems Manager
    • Refer to Help > Firewall info for a list of ports and IP addresses
  • For Automatic enrollment: iOS devices must be in Apple’s DEP program. 

The devices were not in ADE, but they are now. Meraki support said the error code was due to the device already being enrolled. The issue was my misunderstanding: I attached the management profile from the add devices page when what I needed was a PayLoad WiFi Profile to attached to the setup in Configurator. I've successfully enrolled my test devices into supervised mode. The really cool feature is iOS 11+ devices can be added into an existing DEP account through Apple Configurator on macOS, even if it was not purchased from Apple or an Apple reseller. For steps on how to do this, see https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Enrolling_and_Supervising_iOS_Devices_using_Ap...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels