Locking account section in iPhone 7, iOS 15+ and Activation lock error.

AdamHuman
New here

Locking account section in iPhone 7, iOS 15+ and Activation lock error.

Subject: Locking account section in iPhone 7, iOS 15+

Hello,

Hope you reading this are healthy and well and may you live longer in others through your wisdom. :), give me a hand, I am about to jump off a bridge.

I am unable to do two things on the iPhone, I have just started to setup from a used iPhone 7 

Unable to enable "Activation lock" getting error:  "Error - Device MDM Activation Lock is not allowed for this device"

In order to fix this issue, I have enabled FindMyPhone, but no change.

Also, tried restarting it, no go. A little while ago, I had disabled the activation lock on the same phone and then erased it as it needed to be done since it was used by an unknown person.

How do I lock the account section (Apple ID) of a user using an iPhone7 managed by Meraki, this basic question has raised some eyebrows and is laughable among many here, however, whatever I see online, shows me a white Meraki screen to fix this issue, by I do not see "Manage" anywhere, am I on an old version of Meraki(No surprise). Please share some input or ask questions.

Thanks very much, I will go take a nap for the tooth fairy to show up and pay me.

Adam

1 REPLY 1
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Adam

1. Is the device supervised?

2. It's in the restrictions payload:

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.42.25 PM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels