I wish I could have free Device Management for 25 devices.

BruceW
Getting noticed

I wish I could have free Device Management for 25 devices.

What ever happened to the free first 100 device in device manager?    Am I dreaming or having a nightmare? 🙂

Bruce Winters
13 REPLIES 13
InseegoSupport
Here to help

@BruceW,

Check research the CMNA training schedule, upon completion you are given 100 seats for 3 years. The seats are intended for lab and testing not for production.

thanks, I will look into that for the lab, but for the great good of mankind....Just think, a parent could add all the devices that his or her family has and could keep an eye on them.  If they were lost, they could be wiped.  🙂  

Bruce Winters
BruceW
Getting noticed

When the child goes to school the and the geo mapping welcomes the child, the school could take management control of the devices when trusted by the parent.   Hmm,  kind of like a "it take a village".

Bruce Winters
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can sign up for a free trial.

https://meraki.cisco.com/form/systems-manager-signup

Trials end.  😞   

A couple of years ago Meraki was giving away the first 100 users.  I like the model because it you could get your feet wet and get hooked on the dashboard.  Maybe 100 was too generous.

25 sounds about right.   🙂

@PhilipDAth wrote:

You can sign up for a free trial.

https://meraki.cisco.com/form/systems-manager-signup

Bruce Winters
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I know.  I signed up everyone one of our customers that I could, even those that didn't need it.

Oh, so you where the one!  (just kidding)

Bruce Winters
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Here is my view: I have about 3 accounts on the legacy 100 devices free, which is nice because it is free, but still receives all the new features. I understand why they started getting rid of it. Meraki has made leaps and bounds in their MDM. To be honest, I tried Jamf Pro (supposedly the “gold” standard) and it was very comparable to Meraki. Meraki was maybe missing two or three features, but Jamf also has no time tags, no geofencing, no do no disturb. I am willing to pay a premium to get a good product, Meraki has shown me they there product is solid, fast, and reliable.

If you need basic MDM, take a look at Jamf now.

Jared
Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
BruceW
Getting noticed

I feel if you expose more people to a good product it gets a wider exceptence and use. If everyone used it to manage there home or small business devices they would use it in work as the paid version. Just my two cents.
Bruce Winters

Thats tremendous feedback @BruceW, I will certainly relay that to our product management team.

Thanks!

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I second some of the thoughts here - in addition to my other comments: A version that would allow about 10 - 25 free devices would allow admins to do some testing and maybe manage small groups of devices (at home for example). I am in agreement that it would provide great advertising because when you are familiar with a tool and know it is trustworthy from testing you are more than willing to bring it into the workplace. I believe that when Meraki "gave away" 100 free licenses it really got Meraki known in a community crowded by so many MDM providers. 

This was one of my biggest gripes with Jamf (not to trash them - they have a great product) - it took 2+ weeks of me speaking with them to get a trial. It was only a week and I do not believe it allowed for adequate testing time to make sure this tool I am about to drop $5,000 is trustworthy.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Thank you CJ!

Don’t take me the wrong way.  I enjoy working with Meraki products.  You get the best feedback from customers that are passionate about your product.  😁

Bruce Winters

Hey @BruceW, you are absolutely correct, there was a previous program that allowed for 100 seats of a free SM platform. We have moved away from that because we did not want to short change people by giving them a 'diet' version of SM and have moved to the paid model only. That being said, if you are a member of the partner community, you have the option to attend CMNA training, which will provide you with 100 seats of full SM licensing for 3 years, which is renewable by taking the CMNA refresh course. If time is of the essence, you always have the option to purchase NFR, or 'Not for Resale' licensing, at a considerable discount. If you are just looking to test some functionality, I would suggest looking at our free trials adoption program.

Hope this helps!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels