How to delete user data without doing Full erase?

Solved
TheBarge
Here to help

How to delete user data without doing Full erase?

Hi Guys, I'm new here hope that I'm asking for the correct room. Here's my question.

1. How can we delete user data on such devices without removing it from enrollment we have removed the Profile/Tags and re-assign it again but it does work.

1 Accepted Solution

To be honest I have found it faster just to erase the whole device. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@TheBarge what device types are we talking about, if its iOS then the only way to remove user data is to fully erase the device or to manually get the device and remove it by hand. 

@BlakeRichardson Yeah it's IOS, I forgot to mention. If that will be the case is there any recommended app that will do the work? Thanks for the fast response

To be honest I have found it faster just to erase the whole device. 

Got it. Thank you! Have a great day ahead!

MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@TheBarge have you seen the new Shared Devices features? If you have a need to not store user's information on iPadOS, the temporary guest sessions is worth checking out! 

"The Shared iPad with Temporary Guest Sessions is a great way to have users quickly use a device and then sign out so all the local data is cleared at the end of the session." It's new to Dashboard recently, checkout the video and documentation here: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Deployment_Guides/Apple_Shared_Device_Mode_and_Guest_Temporary_S...

it was announced in this new features post: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Feature-Announcements/Various-Systems-Manager-updates-additional-ope... 

Thanks @MattMorg 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels