How to Pay for Subscription in 'Free' App

Justin-F1
Conversationalist

How to Pay for Subscription in 'Free' App

So a facility manager asked me to install an app from the store, no issue there, but it ends up that the app has a paid subscription even though it's 'free' on the app store.

Is there a setting you can adjust to allow for an Enterprise deployment or something like that? I don't want to enable purchasing on the device and then associate it with my account.

I know how to deploy paid apps through the Apple Business Manager but this isn't something I've done yet. Enabling a subscription on a free app.

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Justin-F1  Sorry but in-app purchases are not supported on app's purchased via VPP and deployed using an MDM. 

I would contact the app developer and ask them to make a paid version of the app for VPP which is what they are supposed to do. 

Make_IT_Simple
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Justin-F1  This is not possible. You should get in touch with the app developer to find out the best method for mass deployment of their app. (sometimes the app has this information right on their website).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels