Force supervised iOS devices to use Youtube Application instead of Safari

Solved
DjShroll
Getting noticed

Force supervised iOS devices to use Youtube Application instead of Safari

Hey all, 

I'm looking to force iOS devices in our Meraki instance to use the YouTube application instead of allowing users to open the YouTube website to stream content, but I'm struggling to think of how to execute this. The end goal is to implement tighter control over the cellular data use on the devices while still allowing access to the content when connected to WiFi, vis a vi the iOS Network Usage Rules payload. 

I thought about implementing a Web Content Filter and blacklist the YouTube domain, but this appears to break the YouTube application as well....

Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Thanks,

-Dylan

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DjShroll  I don't think this is possible without completely hiding Safari which obviosuly isn't going to work when it comes to users standard web access. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DjShroll  I don't think this is possible without completely hiding Safari which obviosuly isn't going to work when it comes to users standard web access. 

Looks like you're correct. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this out but no dice... Thanks for the confirmation, you seem to always have good insight on these kind of things, Blake!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels