Failed - Connection refused - connect(2) for "uclient-api.itunes.apple.com" port 80

Stephen-aps
Conversationalist

Failed - Connection refused - connect(2) for "uclient-api.itunes.apple.com" port 80

I purchased the free "The national college" App via Apple School manager, but Meraki: Systems manager > VPP keeps giving the following error: "Failed - Connection refused - connect(2) for "uclient-api.itunes.apple.com" port 80"

The new app is showing in VPP but the icon and link is missing:

VPP broken.JPG

Our Apple DEP and VPP tokens expired a while ago so I had to renew them, but Meraki says the tokens don't expire until Feb 2022 now so I don't know why it's not working unless Apple or Meraki have an issue?

Is anyone else having problems adding new volume iOS Apps to Meraki?

3 REPLIES 3
Shah120
Conversationalist

Hi Stephen-aps, I am having exactly the same issue with free apps. My VPP token expires in November 2021. It seems like an issue between Apple and Meraki. I will log a ticket with Meraki and update this thread as I get an update. 

1.png

Hi Shah120,

Thanks for letting me know I was wondering if it was a problem with our VPP token because it's the first APP I've tried to add since renewing it.

I did email meraki support this morning, but I signed up for Meraki years ago and only have a free account because we don't have many devices, I'm sure they helped with issues in the past but they responded by saying we have to purchase an enterprise licence for support...

Thanks

Stephen

Hi @Shah120,

It has started working for us again this afternoon and I've successfully deployed another APP; it's a shame that Meraki hasn't commented acknowledging the issue considering the ability to deploy APP's is a primary function.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels