Error approving android apps

SOLVED
KillxxxKam
Here to help

Error approving android apps

I am having an issue approving android apps from the store after adding them. I click approve and wait for the approval to load but it never loads it just spins and spins on fetching list with no result. when I click approve before the page has loaded it kicks an error for approval. Has anyone else seen this or have a fix for it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @KillxxxKam 

It is generally a browser cookie issue. Try installing a new browser and dont login to any other account other that the dashboard and Android Admin. This should do it. Else, in the incognito window, dont close the tab with your google playstore account but instead keep copy pasting the authorization link from the dashboard in that tab to keep the session active.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @KillxxxKam 

Could you go ahead and try to login to the dashboard in an incognito window of Chrome and then try to approve the apps. This is just to make sure that there are no interferring cookies in the browser.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Hi @Seshu!

Thanks for the reply! I tried your suggestion and it worked for one however could not continue as it would stall after the first approval under an incog window. I also cleared cache and such within chrome to see if that helped and the same thing happened in the regular window. Got one app approved and then stalled after that.

Thoughts?

Hello @KillxxxKam 

It is generally a browser cookie issue. Try installing a new browser and dont login to any other account other that the dashboard and Android Admin. This should do it. Else, in the incognito window, dont close the tab with your google playstore account but instead keep copy pasting the authorization link from the dashboard in that tab to keep the session active.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Hi @Seshu!

So I downloaded Firefox and tried to get approvals again. The first couples time the problem persisted but after a couple refreshes the approvals started to work with some hickups through out the process but end result was good. 

Is there something I am missing with the meraki manage google domain to purchase apps from the play store? Or in your opinion is it worth buying a google domain for this purpose?

Thanks for everyone's help with this it was my first dive into managing non Apple products  so I am learning as I go on this one!

We are experiencing the same issue for about two weeks now. We have a case opened with TAC and they said it is a known issue which is currently being addressed by the Dev teams. We are waiting for a resolution. 

PeteN
New here

Just to add that i'm also having this issue, which seems to have started this week and to remind my future self of the hoops to jump through steps to go through next week.   :¬)

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Hi All, 

I had the same Problem over and Over again. If it happen just go to this Google Page https://play.google.com/work/licenses/apps and login with the Google Admin account you used for the Adroid Enrolment. there you can Approve the apps as well. Works with any Browser 🙂 the Approved apps will be taking over to the Meraki MDM

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels