Error: No available licenses were found (checked 1 VPP account(s)}

MichaeWCS
New here

Error: No available licenses were found (checked 1 VPP account(s)}

Good Morning,

We are receiving this error message: Error: No available licenses were found (checked 1 VPP account(s)} when we are trying to push apps to our ipads. We have already purchased the user licenses for the apps in VPP and associated them to our itunes accounts as well as tagged them for the appropriate devices. But when we look at the logs after we push the apps we have the error message above.  The apps do show up in the pending managed apps in the meraki app but when you tap on them the icon spins and does nothing.  Thank you for any help on this.

Have a great day!

3 REPLIES 3
TylerJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@MichaeWCS wrote:

Good Morning,

We are receiving this error message: Error: No available licenses were found (checked 1 VPP account(s)} when we are trying to push apps to our ipads. We have already purchased the user licenses for the apps in VPP and associated them to our itunes accounts as well as tagged them for the appropriate devices. But when we look at the logs after we push the apps we have the error message above.  The apps do show up in the pending managed apps in the meraki app but when you tap on them the icon spins and does nothing.  Thank you for any help on this.

Have a great day!

Hi MichaeWCS,

Did you get this issue sorted out?  

It sounds like the license was already applied to a device and not correctly removed. You may also be interested in assigning these licensing on a per-device basis rather than per-user. Take a look at our Apple VPP documentation here.

Let me know if this was of help!

Best,
-Tyler J

Andymnz
New here

We are getting the same error. Have gone through all of the steps required. Why does this have to be so complicated just to install purchased apps?

Same problem here, 

I have 15 ipad that are shared between people and completely reset once a week.  This solution is working perfectly since past 2 years.  From a couple of weeks, some apps are getting a "no licence available" randomly.  The worst part is randomly, some times it's 3 apps, some times just one, some times all install perfectly.  

Ipad are setup with Apple DEP.  (IOS 11.4.1)

Apps are pushed through VPP and all have a bunch of free licences.

I tried resetting the token, reinstalling it, flushing apps, reassing... I always get the problem installing apps.

I really need help about this problem.  Ipads can't be borrowed anymore since 5 weeks.

Any hints anybody?

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels