Disable Profile Removal and Erase All Content

MilanVuletic
Here to help

Disable Profile Removal and Erase All Content

Hello,

How can I make it so employees cannot delete the MDM profile and wipe their phones. I see in privacy & lock there is allow activation lock and allow MDM lock. I have checked them but when testing on my phone I can still erase my phone and remove the management profile. On some devices profiles, In MDM commands there is Activation Lock with enable/clear activation lock then show bypass code. On other device profiles this does not show up.

There have been some employees leaving the company and whipping there phones without giving us their icloud password, bricking the phones until Apple unlocks them. This is a big inconvenience. 

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If Apple's DEP is available, you can restrict users from deleting Profiles.

If automatic DEP is not available, you can manually supervise it using the Apple configurator.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Enrolling_and_Supervising_iOS_Devices_using_Ap...

However, if you use the Apple configurator, the user can delete the profile with grace period for 30 days after enrollment.

After 30 days, users cannot delete their profile with Apple configurator enroll.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels