Can't exit Meraki SM or open any app on newly enrolled Samsung SM-T500 (Android)

Adam000
New here

Can't exit Meraki SM or open any app on newly enrolled Samsung SM-T500 (Android)

I've searched up the forum and couldn't find an answer to our issue.

We've enrolled an Android tablet Samsung SM-T500 into Meraki in Device Owner mode. After enrollment, device got into Meraki SM and so far it's been stuck there. There are no apps on the managed apps screen, and Meraki functions as launcher app, so there's no way to open Samsung Launcher. Status bar is locked and can't be used either. We've set up blocklist to app com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel to unlock all other system apps. Google Chrome was set up as a managed app targeted to install on that tablet, but that didn't work - Managed Apps list is empty.

Other policies we have applied, that might be helpful for troubleshooting but shouldn't be causing this issue to our understanding.

- SCEP Cert for our ORG

- Device Owner settings. Disable screen capture: No, Disable Volume Adjust: No, Disable factory reset: No, Disable modifying accounts: No, Disable configuring WIFI: No, Disallow Bluetooth: No, Disable Data Roaming: No, Disable SMS: No, Prevent mounting physical media storage: No, Prevent USB file transfer: No, Prevent tethering and mobile hotspots: No, Disable Factory Reset for Knox: No

- General Restrictions. Disable Keyguard camera: No, Disable keyguard notifications: No, Disable keyguard notifications (unredacted), Disable keyguard trust agents: No, Disable keyguard fingerprint: No, Disable uknown Sources: No, Disable Debugging: No, Disallow app modification: No, Disable uninstall apps: No, Ensure app verification: No, Prevent cross profile copy and paste: No, Permission policy: Prompt

- Passcode Policy. Allow simple value: Yes, Require alphanumeric: No, Min length: 6, Min complex characters: 0, Min passcode age: 0, Passcode History Length: 0, Max failed attempts: 10

- Restrictions. Camera allowed: Yes, App installation allowed: Yes

- Wifi Settings. SSID: Yellow, Hidden: No, Encryption Any, Autojoin: Yes.

Besides that, we have a few policies that deploy certficates that we plan to use for WIFI authentication.

That's the first Android device we tried to deploy in Device Owner mode with Meraki. Can you share ideas on what we could be missing in the configuration here? What else can we try to change in policies? We would like to be able to use apps somewhat freely and use normal generic launcher app instead of Meraki SM.

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you follow this document?

Android Enterprise Deployment Guide - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I also suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels