Backpack Music

Solved
KevinUK
Here to help

Backpack Music

Hello All

We have some tablets that will be used in a spa treatment room we have some royalty free music that we want to push to the tablets and lockdown so they can only play and use that music pushed.

We can get the music on to the tablet but cant get music apps to see the location where the music is stored as it keeps it in the app backpack in the MerakiSM folder which most apps wont then let you browse to.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution
KevinUK
Here to help

We have reverted to using a different way of rolling the music out rather then using backpack we have locked the tablets down using MerakiSM. Deployed Synology Music Streaming service to offline the files on the devices, which is a decent alternative combining the two techs to lock devices and centrally manage the music.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Some music apps allow you to change the default music folder. You can try changing it to the MerakiSM folder if the app allows.

If you’re using an Apple device, you can right-click on the track in the library and select ‘Show in Finder’. This will open the folder where the song file is located.

If you have built your library in multiple places, you can use the ‘Consolidate’ command to get all your music files into one place.

These are general suggestions and the exact steps might vary based on the specific music app and device you’re using. But I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KevinUK
Here to help

We are using android tablets, and the backpack location appears secured/hidden from a number of music apps tried so far.

have raised a case will see what i get back would be good if you could specify where the backpack location is stored.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On Android devices, apps store their data in a default data directory, which is /data/data/<package_name>. This directory is “private” to the app, meaning no other app and not even the user can access data in it without root permissions.

If an app expects large amounts of data to be stored, or for other reasons wants to “be nice to internal storage”, there’s a corresponding directory on the SDCard, Android/data/<package_name>.

The exact location of the “backpack” folder for MerakiSM might be specific to the app and not easily accessible due to Android’s security measures.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KevinUK
Here to help

We have reverted to using a different way of rolling the music out rather then using backpack we have locked the tablets down using MerakiSM. Deployed Synology Music Streaming service to offline the files on the devices, which is a decent alternative combining the two techs to lock devices and centrally manage the music.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels