Apple ID / Login Lock Down

SOLVED
_aDiedericks
Getting noticed

Apple ID / Login Lock Down

Hi there,

Apple recently released Google Workspace federation for Apple Business Manager.

I'd like to know if Meraki has any plans to implement a means of locking download Apple ID/iCloud sign in for work devices to for example only allow @Work.com domains to be used to login to Apple ID with or any other means to lock it down so that the end user cannot use a personal Apple ID and have client data backup to their personal account instead of the federated corporate account domain/email.

There is currently no way of tracking this on Meraki Management.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@_aDiedericks  in System Manager > Manage > Settings 

If you create a profile and select restrictions in there under device functionality is the "Allow modifying account settings" option if you leave this unticked users cannot make any account changes on the device i.e. iCloud, App store, email etc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm I think this is a question for Apple not Meraki, I don't recall seeing the ability to do this on Jamf.

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/restrict-icloud-to-corporate-accounts-only/m-p/177088

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The only way to achieve this is to use managed apple IDs, which is currently only achievable for User Enrollment and Shared iPad enrollment types

Outside of these use cases, you can only BLOCK the ability to Manage account settings, including Apple ID

As @BlakeRichardson mentioned, this is an Apple limitation not Meraki

_aDiedericks
Getting noticed

@PaulF Hi, thanks for your response. Could you confirm which setting allows us to Block end user's capacity to manage account settings?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@_aDiedericks  in System Manager > Manage > Settings 

If you create a profile and select restrictions in there under device functionality is the "Allow modifying account settings" option if you leave this unticked users cannot make any account changes on the device i.e. iCloud, App store, email etc.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels