Android application crashes when accessing camera

Lindseysoft
New here

Android application crashes when accessing camera

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post. If not please direct me to the correct forum or support option.

I am an application developer. My application is being used by a Meraki customer. The application works as expected until the user attempts to access the camera through my application. At that point the application simply goes away with no error. Typically, the user would get a popup giving them a choice to give the application access to the phone camera. We happen to have the exact phone the customer is using. We enrolled the phone on their Meraki network and were able to reproduce the issue. The customer has given me access to the Meraki dashboard. In the profile\Android Restriction settings I can see that the "Permissions" dropdown show "Auto grant all Permissions." Is there anything else that needs to be done to grant access to the android phone camera? 

I appreciate any help.

Phone: Galaxy J3

Model: SM-J327U

Mobile Application that has the issue: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.JailTracker.Mobile.Barcodes

3 REPLIES 3
Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hey Lindseysoft, can you send me an email please? nosalzma@[sounds like Sysco].com

Noah Salzman

Product Manager for Meraki SM

Lindseysoft
New here

Found and fixed.

It turned out that the program could not find the camera intent. I'm not sure why that is unless this particular phone does not have a built in camera app. In any case, installing a camera app from the play store fixed the issue.

Thanks

Sunny21DC
Here to help

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to permit camera permission.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels