Allow all apps to download

SOLVED
arman
Just browsing

Allow all apps to download

Hello, I am new to the forum, hope I am in the correct section.

I manage several Android tablets via Meraki (configured in "Device Owner Mode, Android Enterprise", Android version 7+), I want to know how to authorize the download of all applications from the Play Store?

Users need to be able to download any app from PlayStore without me adding the app to Meraki.

Thank you and good day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Open the Play Store. Click on the grey circle (or whatever icon is being used to get to the play store's settings

Click "Manage Your Google Account"

Click "Add Account"

You may need to check to see if you have any restrictions that prevent the adding / modification of accounts

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can ask users to sign in to the App Store on the device to get access to whichever apps that they wish. They are not limited to just the one account (Android enterprise)...

arman
Just browsing

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, however it is Android tablets and therefore it is not on the App Store.
I installed the tablets in "Device Owner Mode - Android Enterprise" mode, after installation, there is indeed a "weird" Google address configured on the tablet and when I go to PlayStore, I only have the applications that I authorized on Meraki.

How do I give permission to download everything?

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Open the Play Store. Click on the grey circle (or whatever icon is being used to get to the play store's settings

Click "Manage Your Google Account"

Click "Add Account"

You may need to check to see if you have any restrictions that prevent the adding / modification of accounts

arman
Just browsing

Hello, I didn't know that you have to add another Google account to be able to download apps.

I thought the google account created by Meraki was enough.

In any case, I've been looking for the solution for weeks, and you helped me very quickly.

Thank you and I wish you a good day.

RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

Why isn't there a possibility that we allow everyone to install applications using Device owner mode? There is an option to allow it in restrictions and it still doesnt help and provide search results for any apps wished to be installed on the playstore.

Isn't there a possiblity without having to sign in again, if the devices are company owned and the company doesnt want users to use their own playstore?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels