Adding SSID's to different networks from the Meraki Dashboard

Tim_Rdown
Just browsing

Adding SSID's to different networks from the Meraki Dashboard

Hello there

I am hoping you can help. I am VERY new to Meraki and am hoping to get a pointer.

We have sites all over NZ that use wireless ssid's from a meraki unit. We manage all the 'networks' from the Meraki Dashboard and have been testing some ssid's from our main site and now want to push them out to most of the other sites.

My question is, is there a way to make the ssid available at all the other locations rather than having to select each network one at a time in the dashboard and manually creating the same ssid?

thanks so much, and if this is the wrong place to post this, sorry

4 Replies 4
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Depends how your network is setup... if you’ve used templates then you could just add it to the template. But assuming you’ve not then the easiest way is probably using the API to push the configuration to each site.

You can use Python, as an example, to script it, and use the network SSID API endpoint, https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-wireless-ssids, there is also a ‘put’ version. If you haven’t any experience with scripting or APIs the you might want to find a partner in NZ who can assist you (@PhilipDAth is a good option).

Hi Bruce, thanks so much for your help, when you say 'API to push the configuration to each site' are you meaning from the Meraki Dashboard we have access to? (web console)

To use the API you write a script using a language like Python.  You then run that script to make the changes.  This doesn't touch or use the dashboard at all.

Not elegant, but one solution you could try is to use my offline backup script, backup the org, and then copy the bit from the restore script for just the SSID, and have that restore it into the different networks using "paste" and a bit of editing.

https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-backup.html 

thanks for that, much appreciated

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels