Fully managed staff devices vs BYOD pupil devices

SOLVED
JSalmond
Here to help

Fully managed staff devices vs BYOD pupil devices

The school I work for looking at Systems Manager to manage our staff and pupil devices and have 2 use cases  

• Staff Devices: our staff devices are fully managed and devices enrolled in to our current MDM throw Apple DEP and this would remain if we move to Systems Manager.  we require the ability to erase device, lock and clear password, install apps and profiles.  

• Pupil Devices: we then have pupil devices that are owned by the the pupil and currently not managed by MDM but enrolled on to the network through Cisco ISE. We would like to have the ability to push out WiFi profiles and install apps but we would not have the right to erase the device or clear password.

I know these functionalities are available and set up under the Configuration > General tab however due to the two scenarios of access rights what are the best practices around this ?, has anyone else got the same use case ?, am I best to have the staff and pupil devices in separate dashboard networks ?    

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As you have hinted two, I would put the staff and students into different System Manager networks.  The setup is so different that will be much easier.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As you have hinted two, I would put the staff and students into different System Manager networks.  The setup is so different that will be much easier.

Thank you for clarifying @PhilipDAth much appreciated  

@JSalmond  Bear in mind you will need a SM license for each device both staff and student, depending how many students you have this could get expensive quickly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels