Add Microsoft UPN to Excel and word for iOS from MDM

emetherd
Comes here often

Add Microsoft UPN to Excel and word for iOS from MDM

Hello all,

I am trying to push out a users account to Excel and word on iOS devices using the MDM solution. I have found what I believe is the required fields but I'm not sure how it should be setup in the policy. I have tried using the Owner: username settings which did not work and then I changed it to text -> {{userprincipalname}} still no go. and I've not had any luck with finding documentation. Thanks in advance!

Microsoft DocumentationMicrosoft Documentation

5 Replies 5
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So, given that Google allow you to poll what Managed App Config an app supports (and Apple doesn't), I had a look at my Android Outlook Managed app config:

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 10.00.22 AM.png

Is obviously in there, so....

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 10.00.47 AM.png

 Will allow you to set the email address dynamically for that device.

(The email address is either from turning on Authentication at the time of enrollment, or by assigning a user to the device)

I hope that answers your question

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee
emetherd
Comes here often

Thanks. I have the outlook profile working, it's the ones for excel and teams, I can't seem to get it to populate the login account. I have an owner assigned to each device and out look populates the account for login, but not dice on excel and teams.I'll post a screen shot here shortly.

this is what I have for outlook and teams. Should I change the upn setting to email address instead?Outlook settingsOutlook settingsTeams ConfigTeams Config

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes, change from type: text to type: owner:email

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels