Shut off email notifications

jtmott
Conversationalist

Shut off email notifications

I haven't been able to adjust or shut off the network usage reports and it's ridiculous, I get 20+ emails a day I can't unsubscribe from and I have submitted several tickets with no response yet from a person just the system.

7 REPLIES 7
Roska
A model citizen

I´m still seeing the same within my org

JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@jtmott @Roska - 

We are looking into these issues but any additional information either of you could provide would be helpful.

The updated documentation should be helpful to set notification preferences but if you're setting preferences and still experiencing issues we can investigate.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_-_Configuring_Notification_Settings 

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jtmott   and @Roska,

I did reply to another thread of jtmott's, but I'll put it here as well. There is certainly a possibility of a problem that I'm more than happy to investigate personally.

I sincerely apologize for the experience you've had thus far with the Go product, and I want to try and help. We've fixed a few notification alert problems that perhaps you have not pulled down in the app.

Before diving into the issues we've fixed, I wanted to say I'm unable to reproduce the problem you are having. If I use the Settings > Account > Your Notification Settings menu to disable notifications, I do indeed stop receiving them. Do you have a support case number I could go look over so we can perhaps get to the bottom of the problem together? In case you haven't updated the app in some time, there may be a few problems you are running into.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_-_Configuring_Notification_Settings

An issue existed on versions before 2.3.0 where it was not possible to change the alert settings, but this is no longer an issue.

There was a second problem where each device in the network would report a usage alert. This means that if a device was on the wireless network, you could potentially generate 3 usage alerts (one for the GR, GS, and GX). This was fixed in version 2.20.0 of the Meraki Go app and beyond.

jtmott
Conversationalist

Please see attached screenshot of the settings, I have also read the linked documentation, followed it and I still receive alerts on bandwidth utilization. IMG_1779.PNG 

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this @jtmott. I've performed numerous searches in our support database and am not seeing anything regarding excessive emails, alerts, or notifications. How have you contacted support for assistance? Perhaps that is part of the problem.

If there is a bug with email notifications we most certainly wish to resolve the problem for you and all customers as soon as possible. Once we have an active support case I can check in on or resume troubleshooting conversation with, we can start making forward traction to finding a root cause on this behavior.

I do apologize for the perceived lack of support thus far. Rest assured we do want to assist you in this matter.

jtmott
Conversationalist

@hidden0 

it wasn't until I posted here I received a response from support, I am working with them currently and am waiting to see if the issue has been resolved, promising look so far.

I would instead look for not excessive emails but simply and an inability to turn them off, which was confirmed by the support member I have been working with. 

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

I'm just glad we got the ball rolling here towards a solution! We're rolling out some new weekly based notifications which I'll be sure to duly test being able to disable them before it launches.

@Roska are you still facing this problem? Perhaps we can chase the same solution @jtmott is working towards.