Hello - back in the saddle!

wecnal
Here to help

Hello - back in the saddle!

Hey all! I recently took a role managing the networking for a large industrial supplier in the US, with 600+ retail/branch locations and a history of no one ever managing the networking side of this (they're pivoting away from a "jack of all" IT approach). 

I've been at fintech SaaS startups for the better part of the last ten years, in various networking-related roles (support, implementation, engineering). I've gotten away from it the past 1.5 years at a company that was striving to get a network product offering for their customers off the ground, but never did. And thus I've found myself where I am now! I'm pretty familiar with Meraki (advanced intermediate, perhaps?), but learning to ride the bike again after that 1.5 year hiatus.

I'm looking forward to connecting and asking a ton of questions! A lot of them will be a "how do I..." (aren't everyone's?), and I appreciate and in advance thank you all for the future help!

A fun fact? Oh, hmm, let's see.. I don't have a home. I live in a van full time and travel around North/Central America while - like most millennials - I wait out the housing market.

4 Replies 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@wecnal : welcome to the community. You have a good experience and help people here with your experience. Happy to see to be a part of this community.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks Inderdeep!

AmyReyes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yay welcome!! Hello from a fellow millennial who is also waiting out the housing market lol. As you said, that's most of us, right? Van life seems so exciting, though I'm sure it has its challenges too. You must get to see a lot of amazing places. What has been your favorite and least favorite part of that lifestyle?

Welcome back to Meraki, and we look forward to having you and your questions in the Community!

Thanks Amy! It certainly has unique challenges, but the sheer amount of experiences has completely shifted how my wife and I measure the value of our time. In the past ~9 months we've driven something like 25k miles around the US, and have had a blast!

Favorite part is the places and people. It feels like I've lived five years' worth of experiences in the past year, and it's an amazing feeling. I think least favorite is the uncertainty of new areas; some places blow you away, but there are others that it's difficult to find water, or a place to park for the night, etc.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.