Optus Australia Outage

Lukeyjay
Here to help

Optus Australia Outage

Hi All,

has anyone thought it a bit strange that Optus does not appear as an outage in the internet insights view in Meraki?

The outage is Australia wide and affecting heaps of services including health etc. I would have thought it would show or am I misinterpreting its features?

Screenshot 2023-11-08 130723.png

4 Replies 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This map is from Thousand Eye. Can someone confirm that Optus is present on the TE Map ? https://www.thousandeyes.com/product/internet-insights/network-outages

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The outage shows using the vantage point on the ThousandEyes, may be Optus is not using it .. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Especially since this probably affected millions of users.

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

This outage 8 Nov 2023  4:05 AM  took out  Internet,  Phones (fixed line), and Mobile Phone services all over Australia.  Major disruption to gov services  EFPOS  Melbourne Train System shutdowns  even calls to emergency services could not go through.  10 million users and 400 thousand business were effected  other 3rd party services dodo and amaysim were alto effected.  I would have expected to see this in thousand eyes

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.