Assistance Needed: Choosing the Right Licensing Model for Our Organization

Solved
semsem2050
Here to help

Assistance Needed: Choosing the Right Licensing Model for Our Organization

Hello all,
Our organization is operating under a co-termination licensing model. However, with our plans to establish multiple branches and cater to various customers in the near future, our network requirements are evolving rapidly. We anticipate creating more than two networks, each with distinct business needs. This includes deploying MX devices both directly onto public networks (Internet) and behind customer firewalls.

Given these considerations, it is evident that we will need to procure different licenses, including both Enterprise level and Advanced Security level licenses for MX devices, to cater to the specific demands of each network. Additionally, we require the flexibility to manage license expiration on a per-network basis to accommodate our dynamic business needs effectively.

While I have thoroughly reviewed the documentation available on the Meraki website, I find it challenging to determine the most suitable licensing model for our organization.

Therefore, I kindly request your assistance in selecting the appropriate license for our organization and facilitating the transition from our current co-termination licensing model to one that better aligns with our evolving business requirements.

Your insights and guidance in this matter would be immensely valuable to us.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It would be interesting to look for your Meraki sales representative, to show him your entire environment and for him to guide you in a more assertive way.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It would be interesting to look for your Meraki sales representative, to show him your entire environment and for him to guide you in a more assertive way.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

semsem2050
Here to help

Thank you, @alemabrahao I am going to do that.

semsem2050
Here to help

Can someone provide insight into the differences between subscription licensing and per-device licensing (PDL), and specify which option permits the mixing of MX licensing tiers within a single organization? For example, if one network has MX licenses with an Advanced Security level and another network has MX licenses with an Enterprise level, to align with our business requirements. Additionally, does anyone have experience or knowledge about managing this scenario effectively?

Here is some good material to read.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

semsem2050
Here to help

Thank you, @alemabrahao, so much!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.