configuration templates and Vlans

Carlo
Here to help

configuration templates and Vlans

Is there a way to setup Vlans in the templates that are not auto-generated? I have 150 stores going in but customer want certain subnets for each store. If someone makes a change in the template, it goes thru and readdress all sites. one mistake, and you take down the whole network I have switches and AP at each site also.

4 REPLIES 4
DCooper
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Make it auto-generated, choose an overall supernet then define the subnet each store will have. It will auto-generate however you can go into each of the networks and override the subnet. The caveat is that it has to be the same subnet mask as what you defined from the VLAN templates and has to be within the supernet scope. We do push the override back to the cloud so we do not auto-generate an overlapping subnet.

Is this what your looking for?

I did that, I set aside a block of address for each vlan, I then went into each site and added the ip network that was in that range. This works well. The problem I have is someone when back into the template and changed the network to have it in the VPN. This update changed all the networks associated with the template to change the ip range to a random range within the block of address.

Bossnine
Building a reputation

I get what you are saying.  I want to make a template for all 40 sites I have but I'm afraid I can't specify the special VLAN ID at each location without it changing all to what is on the template when a new change is applied.  Can we separate the VLAN info from the template so its not applied to all networks bound to the template?

Zia
Just browsing

Hi Dcooper

If you can help me know the recommendation in this case. Where we are using the super scope and overriding the subnet for each network. There is another way of creating a super scope of each network and overriding the subnet. However the caveat is that no. of superscope's increases and auto generated in each network But it will be displayed as seperate subnets in auto vpn to disable/enable the publishing of these networks separately if required. Please do let us know which method is good for large networks and recommended by Meraki that should be easy to administer and troubleshoot later.Thanks in Advance

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.