Newbie on Meraki MX100 and MX425

SOLVED
Philip
Here to help

Newbie on Meraki MX100 and MX425

I am a newbie on Meraki.  I purchased MX100 and MX425.  What I can do to control the bandwidth to the clients on the MX425 configurations?  If I got a 100Mbps circuit from the ISP, I want to give 5Mbps to the client A and 10Mbps to the client B.   

Thanks for your help!

Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Philip,

That shall be easy.

You may simply create a "Policy" with the desired parameters and apply the same on device A or Device B.

Find the following url for more information
https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Philip,

That shall be easy.

You may simply create a "Policy" with the desired parameters and apply the same on device A or Device B.

Find the following url for more information
https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Thanks for your information! It seems the configuration of Meraki is easier than Cisco devices, more GUI than CLI.

Thanks again!

Hi @Philip and welcome to the forums!! Meraki is without a doubt GUI over CLI. In fact, the closest thing you will get to CLI is working with APIs. Meraki is all about "Simplicity" and as you've seen that makes them easier than your typical Cisco router. Many people enjoy that....I personally wish there was a bit more CLI, but oh well.

Thanks for the quick answer @AjitKumar!

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Individual clients can certainly be restricted using policies as everyone pointed out above but you may also want to look into the Security Appliance>Traffic Shaping section to set some global limits.  There you can configure a global per-client limit (maybe 20M) in your case as a catch-all.  You can also configure Traffic Shaping Rules based on subnet range or service type.  For example, limiting 'All Video & Music' to say 10M.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Thanks Adam!

twirfs
Conversationalist

I would caution against applying a global bandwidth limit, especially when you have devices on 10Gbps ports.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.