New power adaptor connection issue

Solved
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New power adaptor connection issue

Hi guys,

I just want to hear if any of you have issues with new power adaptors that are shipped with for example the MX67 appliances.

The hole for the power cord is probably too big because the power cord just falls out of it.

I tested the same power cord directly on a switch and it did grab there.  So I have to assume the issue is with the power brick.

IMG_1885.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

UPDATE: I have received RMA for both devices and the new power adapter is from yet another vendor but this one has the pins sticking out further which means it now fits en sticks again!
IMG_1891.jpeg

So I'm all good for this customer now 😉
I hope Meraki can quickly find all the problematic units from FSP and replace them.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have a 120W version of this make that came with a new MX75 and that seemed fine.  I presume you mean the C14 socket connection?  Now I am going to have to go and double check it, but I'm not at that site for a few days....

The 120W version is way smaller than the older Cisco branded 100W version that the previous MX75 came with...

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, check the movie.  The C14 hole is too big and does nearly not have any friction on the C14 connector, it just slides out.

We usually use the output wattage for reference.  So this is the 30W adapter the MX67 comes with.
If you use the input value then you would say 120W while I would say 240W since I'm in Europe 😜

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GIdenJoe also Europe here (well the UK...), the MX75 has 120W output on the new adapters!

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @GIdenJoe,

If you haven't already, please open a Support case for this so we can properly track & report this. Just to clarify, the issue is on the C14 side, where the power cord isn't staying in? 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have opened a case this morning: 11259698 and referenced this community post in that.
So yes it is at the C14 side.

The problem is not the C14 connection on the cable since I tested those cables on the switch and there they provided enough friction to firmly stay in the switch.  It is the power adapter that is in error here.  I have asked if they can do an RMA of the adapter only.  I'm not sure if that is going to work though.

I have to install the MX'es on site this Friday.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well I don't want to be responsible for a "custom" solution since I would be made responsible if it goes south.

So in the case Meraki made an RMA but immediately for the MX appliances themselves so I'm curious how that will go and if they will arrive tomorrow so I can have them ready for friday.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What a f*ck up.  Hopefully someone locates where in the supply chain that went wrong.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So I went to another customer today that also has new MX67's but these still have the normal power adapters from Delta.  And these keep the cable sitting correctly.
IMG_1888.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this @GIdenJoe, I have flagged this to our Engineering teams and they are investigating this. I believe an RMA is in progress for you, but if you have any issues drop me a DM. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

UPDATE: I have received RMA for both devices and the new power adapter is from yet another vendor but this one has the pins sticking out further which means it now fits en sticks again!
IMG_1891.jpeg

So I'm all good for this customer now 😉
I hope Meraki can quickly find all the problematic units from FSP and replace them.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is the FSP one that I received with an MX75 and the C14 socket works perfectly on this larger model:

FSP120.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.