Google Maps Crashing

SOLVED
MJW
Here to help

Google Maps Crashing

We are noticing an issue with google maps on our Meraki MDM managed devices - when the user opens maps and enters a destination and selects start the app and meraki crash. Can anyone offer and suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MJW
Here to help

Update - we have noticed that some of our handsets have now received the Android 9 update, this has solved our Google Maps issue on the updated handsets.

Just a shame there is no way to force the update on the other 85 handsets!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@MJW What devices are having issues, iPads, androids, laptops? What happens if you try deleting the app and repushing it to the device?

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@vassallon We use Moto G6 Plays running Android. The issue exists on all phones even if they have been reset.

app works to the point you would expect to hear voice guidance then google maps crashes.

many thanks for your help in advance!

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@MJW Do you still see the same issues if you download the app instead of pushing it out through Meraki? If so, it sounds like it's an issue with that phone and the app. I'll admit I don't know much about Android troubleshooting but I would definitely make sure the phones are running the latest OS and that all of the potential location services are enabled within the phone settings.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I had the same issue on my Xiaomi phone after an OS update came out one night,  Very annoying.  Xiaomi pushed an update to fix it several weeks later.

I bet you have had the same Android update pushed to your phones by the manufacturer as well.

Morning Philip, thank you for sharing your experience - we have one of these phones where Meraki is not installed and google maps works normally - will have a trawl through other blogs to see if any other moto g6 play users are having the same experience.

MJW
Here to help

Update - we have noticed that some of our handsets have now received the Android 9 update, this has solved our Google Maps issue on the updated handsets.

Just a shame there is no way to force the update on the other 85 handsets!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.