Co-term licensing expiring 2024, lead times for refresh

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

Co-term licensing expiring 2024, lead times for refresh

We have a decent sized org, 200 APs, 10 MXs, 20 or so MS (rest are HPE/Aruba switching). Our co-term licensing for our entire organization is expiring early 2024. With lead times what they are, what are you all doing with planning for upgrades? We are wanting to do a product refresh at that time, but with lead times...we would have to order probably sometime soon.

Anyone else in a similar boat? Obviously we don't want to carry a 6 figure price tag for any longer than we have to.

BHC Resorts IT Department
7 REPLIES 7
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

It depends on the product and the day. Your reseller should be able to easily check anytime you ask. If you don’t have a reseller send me a message with a product list and I can check for you. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have a policy of continuous rolling upgrades.  Although the licenses run out at the same time with the co-term model, each time you add a new device it just pushes the end date out a bit.  We first started using Meraki over eight years ago and our end date is still 18 months away with no renewal having ever taken place...  I know we'll have to deal with it at some point, but so far the only devices we have retired are older APs and the replacement models just re-use their licenses.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In terms of lead times the PoE switches seem the worst to me, though if you are less precious about the model you can usually get something in 2-3 months or less.  The MXs can be a pain, especially the smaller models, again if you can be flexible you should wait less.  For the APs there are usually a few models on low lead times so I wouldn't worry unduly about those.  Finally remember to order different models on different orders so that they ship when they are ready and you aren't waiting for multiple models to all be in stock at the same time, this is vey important in the UK at least... 

Speedbird1
Getting noticed

We are are not seeing crazy lead times either with Meraki it varies anything between 3 days to 8 weeks depending on what we need and where we need it (MS and MR). 

Smaller MX especially MX 75 are hard to get hold off.

Aruba are in a really bad place though up to 1+ year for some kit.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Yep, it is still in flux for sure.  MR44/46/70/76/78 are all showing 1 day this week though.  All MS390 are over 180 days..

MX75 shows 1 day lead time also. Where are you seeing different or what region are you referring to?  I am looking at U.S.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Sorry this was a while ago in APAC and China.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think Meraki are dissuading people from buying the MS390...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.