SecurePort

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

SecurePort

The SecurePort documentation could do with a refresh.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Access_Control/SecurePort_(formerly_known_as_SecureConnect)

Are the C9300s supported?  What about the MS130X switches?

Is it possible to tell from the dashboard if SecurePort has "kicked in"?

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This post has some information about how to monitor SecurePort from the dashboard (which would be good to get incorporated into the documentation):
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Feature-Announcements/New-name-same-great-feature-MS-and-MR-SecurePo...

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@PhilipDAth  As far as I know the list of supported Switches in the doc is accurate today. There are plans to bring more functionality to the C9300-M. Not sure if it will come to the MS130 family.

As for how SecurePort looks in dashboard. When a switchport has successfully authenticated a Meraki AP it will show a Wi-Fi bars icon on the port. If it fails to auth the AP the port still shows the Wi-Fi icon, but the port would be red. I don't recall if there's a state in which it would be amber. I'm not finding any failing ports in my searching to confirm.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 07.16.15.png

Clicking on the switchport will show you that it's been authenticated by a SecurePort profile.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 07.16.31.png

And clicking on the config comparisons link will show more detail.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 07.16.44.png

I agree with you that adding screenshots like this to the doc might be helpful. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll forward it along to the doc folks.

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.