Hi ,

There is 2 documents that I would like to get some clarification about : 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Access_Control/MR_Meraki_RADIUS_2.0

Section Called Station ID is missing 2 attributes :

AP LAN IP

AP Public IP 

RaphaelL_0-1723650009016.png

NAS ID 

Should reflect the warning present on the dashboard about 802.11r. Some attributes are not available if 802.11r is enabled  :

RaphaelL_1-1723650061042.png

Device IP set as NAS-ID

I'm currently running a MR36 with MR30.7 firmware and I do have the attributes AP LAN IP and AP Public IP . 

Unsure if the notice is correct : 

With MR31.1 the NAS-ID value can be set as the AP’s Public or LAN IPv4 address. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_...

RaphaelL_2-1723650599485.png

I'm not sure this is correct. Taking a packet capture of an auth request with a SSID configured with "My Radius server" shows a Called-Station-ID of : NODE_MAC:SSID and not the BSSID:SSID

Cheers , 

1 Accepted Solution
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @RaphaelL,

Circling back to notify that the updates are now complete for the MR Meraki RADIUS 2.0 article.
Thanks again!

Best, 

Feli

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If this answer helped solve the issue, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Good day @RaphaelL,

The feedback is greatly appreciated!

You are correct, those three points require correction in the MR Meraki RADIUS 2.0 article.
I will let you know once those updates have been completed.

And for the second article, Configuring RADIUS Authentication with WPA2-Enterprise, this information has been forwarded to the appropriate team for review. Once the investigations are complete, the article will be updated accordingly.

Thank you!

Best,

Feli

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If this answer helped solve the issue, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @RaphaelL,

Circling back to notify that the updates are now complete for the MR Meraki RADIUS 2.0 article.
Thanks again!

Best, 

Feli

FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Good day @RaphaelL,

Thank you for your patience with this matter. It's been confirmed that the Called-Station-ID value is indeed sent in the format of AP MAC:SSID and not BSSID:SSID. These corrections have been completed in the Configuring RADIUS Authentication with WPA2-Enterprise documentation as well.

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback and helping to keep the documentation at its best!

Best, 

Feli 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thank you sooo much for the update and taking your precious time to double check this matter 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.