get/update network wireless ssid schema definition updates

JFink
Just browsing

get/update network wireless ssid schema definition updates

I am not sure if this the write spot but working with the terraform beta and I have been finding some discrepancies in the api schema definitions and what the dashboard schema actually returns.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-network-wireless-ssids/ 

While not listed in the documentation, this response via the API returns radiusDasClients and can also be included in the update, but not listed in either normal API or beta. The respective go/python library's would need their own work, but wanted to at least bring attention to this as it seems like a good schema foundation being up to date would help keep the librarys managed cleanly. 

I also was not able to find a way to include the DAS Clients Shared secret which is required for these clients to work so would love to see that added.

JFink_0-1718404015520.png

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That feature is not generally available or enabled by default. I'd guess that's why it's not part of the API documentation.

I don't have the history behind why the feature was activated on your Orgs.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

I did forget we had to have support enable that feature per Org, but the fact that the API does respond with some data makes me believe its at least been somewhat thought about, but not sure if its also behind the early access api or not.

Our reason for requiring this feature is one of our SSIDs uses ISE servers that sit behind a set of load balancers. Normal radius traffic is SNATed behind the LBs and all normal radius communication is fine, however COA messages are essentially a new message stream so the COA messages come from the ISE nodes IP and since our Radius config doesn't include those servers and only the LB. The DAS client list lets us list out the Radius servers as the OK'ed list of Radius servers which again we can update via the API, but unless we also can include the correct shared secret in the Dashboard field this list doesn't actually do anything, so whatever API work was done to let this list/update the servers seemed only half completed since that shared secret is a requirement it seems.

I understand this may not be widely used, but i also don't really understand why it is also support locked.

Either way I guess this is just me voicing my advocacy to both finish the API to let that shared secret field be included and make it a standard option feature so that the API/downstream services can leverage it. Not having this is an option basically prevents us from being able to use like Terraform or Ansible automation to fully deploy our SSIDs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.