Usage over time data

CBurkhead
Building a reputation

Usage over time data

I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to make sure I was not missing something deep in the API. We have a customer that wants usage data for their ~30 locations on roughly a monthly basis. The information is in Organization > Summary Report under Usage Over Time for the chosen network and chosen time period. What I'd like to do is to gather this information via the API so that it can be put in a CSV file that will eventually be merged into BrightGauge. So far I have not been able to find anything in the API that seems to provide access to this information. My guess is that Meraki has not created an endpoint for this yet. Is this correct?

If this is the case, I put in a wish a while ago for this functionality.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I'm not seeing anything in the API that would meet your requirements. But maybe, as an alternative, you could use SNMP to get this data? I know the MX's can tell you Tx and Rx octects via SNMP. I' m not sure about other devices though.

CBurkhead
Building a reputation

I will look into this and see if it is an option for getting the data we need. Thanks for the help!

Would using the "Export to Excel" be an option?

1.PNG

CBurkhead
Building a reputation

I am already using the export option to get the usage data. But since I have to do it site by site and then pull the data from the spreadsheet (more than 2000 rows per site) for around 30 sites and get it all in one file, I was looking for a more automated way of collecting it.

CPfister2
New here

I need to pull client Wi-Fi connections in an effort to track office attendance.  I was wondering if the API is capable of this now after 4 years?  

You could use the API to pull the event log, and filter on people connecting.

I'm assuming you use WPA2-Enterprise mode - you could just parse the RADIUS log, or if you back into AD - the AD security log.

Hm, what do you mean by 'pull client Wi-Fi connections'?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.