Updating Network Authorization splash for SMS

eeb
Comes here often

Updating Network Authorization splash for SMS

Hi,

We're trying to get users from one guest SSID on one network authorized over to another guest SSID on another network. Both networks have SMS based authorization and not the Click-through splash. As a result, trying to update the authorization of a SMS-based SSID results in the error further below.

Both the SSIDs share the same ID of 1. Here's what happens when I try to retrieve the authorization status of a client on the guest network. You'll notice that there is no SSID 1 showing. For that, we're using this API: get-network-client-splash-authorization-status

{
    "ssids": {
        "0": {
            "isAuthorized": false
        },
        "3": {
            "isAuthorized": false
        }
    }
}

If I actually try to change that SSID authorization status, I'll receive this error message when using the update-network-client-splash-authorization-status api.

{
    "errors": [
        "SSIDs 1 do not have Click-through splash enabled. No changes were made."
    ]
}

Is there a way to share authorization between SMS-based SSIDs?

1 Reply 1
eeb
Comes here often

According to this post, other types of ssid support other than click-through are being tracked. Is there any information related to if sms based authorization is in the works?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.